Monday, September 1, 2014

A Word To The Wise And Myself

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city."  Proverbs 16:32


If you read my Issues blog today, you will know that I let myself get riled this weekend.  I wish I had prepared this devotional before, rather than after, the experience.  But I don't know that it would have prepared me for the evil onslaught of the strangers with which I was dealing.


Circumstances can surely blindside you sometimes and if you don't wander around with your shields up, you sometimes take one in the gut.  And you also sometimes deliver one to someone else's as well.


I guess it's not possible to be on guard at all times, but it would probably help if we at least try to hit our center before we start our days.  We might be better armed if we would do that.


Now, I'm not concerned about the friends of my friend.  They didn't behave any better than I did.  In fact, they probably behaved worse considering they knew nothing about what was going on and acted like they did.  But if I lost that long-time friend it would be sad.


I guess when we are dealing with a load of junk ourselves, it would probably be advisable if we remembered others are probably dealing with a load of junk, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment