Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Let's Not Quarrel

"So Abram said to Lot, 'Lets not have any quarreling between you and me. . .'" Genesis 13:8


God -- and Jesus -- want us all to love one another.  This is especially so when we are family.  So, having written this much of this article, I read part of the May 19, 2014, Time Magazine.  I read the interview with Barry Gibb where he talks of moping around the house after he lost his brothers and how hard it is to form a band around close family members.  He said, "When you're blood, the rivalry is pretty intense."  He said everyone wants to be the favorite.


I know he's right, but how I hate that.  I've already told you how I feel competition outside business and sports seems so unfriendly.  I guess I want unconditional positive regard from those who are supposed to love me.  I need them to read my work and urge me on even when they don't agree with me -- my brothers, my children, my grandchildren.


I need to be surrounded by family and friends who encourage my journey through life like I try to do for all of them.  I hope they don't feel I've failed them.


I pray they will like my work, but even if the don't like it, I need them to defend my right to do it.


Don't you all need the love and emotional support of your family and friends?  Don't you think God would want us to try over and over again to give others the support we want from them?  Let's give it another try, why don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment